Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > HVAC

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 01-16-2006, 12:14 AM   #1

Share |
Question

Help Wanted

I have a problem with a Bryant 398AAV deluxe gas fired condensing furnace, as far as i can tell the unit was installed in 92. I woke up one morning really cold so i checked the thermostat and it showed 55 degrees. So i went down stairs to check the fuses on the furnace and such so i turned the unit off with the switch above the fuse, pulled the fuse wich was fine, put it back in and turned the switch back on and the furnace came back to life worked fine for 3 days and got cold again. Now I have to go turn it off and on again about 6 times a day. I did clean out the drain trap and it didnt help. I also watched the burner and every thing worked fine when i turned it back on, it burned a little while shut off, blower still blowing air, thermostat must have called for more heat, so the hot surface ignitor came on but no ignition, ignitor went off then came back on again and no ignition, and it did it another time, then finally must have turned itself off. so i turned it off and on again a couple of times to get it to work again. So any help will be appreciated. I hate calling service people, because it is always something you could have done yourself with the right know how. thanks

Last edited by vrobl; 01-16-2006 at 12:17 AM.
vrobl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 08:27 AM   #2

Help Wanted

Check the sensor, sometimes that needs to be cleaned with steel wool

WRKPA is offline   Reply With Quote