DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

HELP old apartment .. Return Duct / Heat pump

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  ricky82g 
#1 ·
Need to know if my apartment is vented WRONG... (whether HVAC is my problem) I dont know a lot about HVAC.. so please bare with me and I'll try to answer any follow up questions....

Basically I live in an old apartment.. which has the typical A/C unit/heat pump/outside fan. The heat pump is in an outside storage which is on the side of my apartment building (not like a shed, but actually a side room which is a part of the main building). It is completely isolated from my apartment (other than the return duct)... and has its own door to the outside. I have a return air duct which goes through the wall of my apartment into this storage shed... but that return duct does not run all the way back into the heat pump. It just dumps out in the storage area.... about 5-feet away from the intake on the heat pump... This storage area is not insulated... not sealed and has a ton of places air can easily seep in..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.