Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > HVAC

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 12-31-2011, 10:24 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 0
Share |

Help! Furnace keeps running/blowing

Hi! I'm hoping someone can help me..for the past few days my furnace fan/blower (not sure what the proper term is) keeps running no matter what the thermostat is set on, I get heat and it turns on when it's supposed to but it won't stop running. I replaced the thermostat thinking that was the problem, it's not.. I've searched this forum for related issues and alot have been commenting that it could be the light switch/fan switch..well I tried to locate this in my furnace to try to tap on it like suggested and can't find one! I have an Air ease Johnson ultra x80 series, not sure where to find the model number..I''m guessing it's about 10-12 years old, my dad's not with me anymore to know exactly it's age..I open the panels and all I find is a motherboard type where the wires connect to, no silver part that has fan settings anywhere? Anyways, I was hoping one of you knowledgeable guys can help direct me to what I'm looking for or what I can do to fix this..also is it bad for this to keep running nonstop? I have a 8 month old and a 5 year old so I'm concerned! Thanks so much, I appreciate any input!

karabear1125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 11:15 PM   #2
Retired from the grind

Rewards Points: 88

If you unhook the thermostat, does the furnace still keep on running? Can you post the manufacturer & model #s of the thermostat, furnace, heat pump if you have one, not a air conditioner. The model # of the furnace will be on a plate either behind the upper door, or lower door. Post pictures please.

Ren: Now listen, Cadet. I've got a job for you. See this button? Ren: Don't touch it! It's the History Eraser button, you fool! Stimpy: So what'll happen? Ren: That's just it. We don't know. Maybe something bad, maybe something good. I guess we'll never know, 'cause you're going to guard it. You won't touch it, will you?
gregzoll is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 07:22 AM   #3

can you read a number off the control board within the furnace....possible honeywell brand# the fan is constantly running but the burner is controlled by your stat setting...your not over heating?if you have a control board chances are you don't have a disc/fan control or a silver covered HONYWELL control mounted right above the burner with a silver dial within it....and 70F to 210F temp markings with 2 adjustable pins?get back with the module number and we'll match it up on line...
biggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 09:41 AM   #4

Thank you for your prompt responses! Greg, when I switched thermostats I powered down the furnace..I was scared LOL!

To answer some questions regarding the model/manuf:

For the Thermostat (just a cheapie I picked up to test it):
Manuf - Hunter
Model - 40135

Furnace:
Manuf: Air-Ease Johnson Ultra x80 series
Model: GUJ100D14-1B

Honeywell Control board number ( I think this is it, it's the only number I found on the panel in the corner)
ST9120A2004 and then under that there were the numbers 16650

The only thing I saw mounted above the burner was a Honeywell control type brown dial that had only on/off and attached to that underneath was a silver box type but there were no 70-210' markings. Also I found a number on that as well which is : VR8204H 1097

I hope this helps!

Thanks sooo much for the help, I greatly appreciate it!!
Old 01-01-2012, 09:48 AM   #5
Hvac Pro

Rewards Points: 70

post pics of it with both doors off so we can ID it.
Old 01-01-2012, 09:52 AM   #6

OK...that VR8204H item with the ON/OFF is the main gas valve... nothing to do with the running fan...here is something close to your board and numbers given.....favorite the Best HVAC products site for prices and reference... might have to get a tech in to change the board...it's not brain surgery your doing the breakdown here....... easy change out for you to do....or somebody will come in and slam you for $400...easy..consider the options http://www.bestbuyheatingandaircondi...de=CIB9101A102
biggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 10:40 AM   #7

Thank you Biggles! I had a feeling it had something to do with that board, I bookmarked that site..thinking I may go ahead and try it myself, it seems similar to building a computer which I have done many of times lol ..Is there anything I need to know ahead of time before switching out the control panel board? Obviously power down but anything else? Thanks agian!