Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > HVAC

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 12-12-2012, 08:46 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Help with basement heating extension

Hey everyone, I'm new to this forum and am currently finishing my basement. I have a baby on the way in 6 months so I am trying to save some cash by finishing it myself. I have done most of the Sheetrock and am just asking that from the duct, ( which is about 8 inches before my wall in which I need a 5" extension that goes through the Sheetrock / insulation. Can anyone direct me to the proper register or something will allow the heat to be coming out from the Sheetrock. Also the proper extension because I am not good when it comes to heating.

Thank you all for answering my question in advance,

Jp

Jperrotta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 08:53 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 2,186

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jperrotta View Post
Hey everyone, I'm new to this forum and am currently finishing my basement. I have a baby on the way in 6 months so I am trying to save some cash by finishing it myself. I have done most of the Sheetrock and am just asking that from the duct, ( which is about 8 inches before my wall in which I need a 5" extension that goes through the Sheetrock / insulation. Can anyone direct me to the proper register or something will allow the heat to be coming out from the Sheetrock. Also the proper extension because I am not good when it comes to heating.

Thank you all for answering my question in advance,

Jp
picture is needed for us to help you..ben sr

ben's plumbing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 09:59 PM   #3

There's the image of the wall that I have the opening because I need to somehow get an extension ( don't know pipes so link would be amazing ) and then run it to a registr in which I can cut a hole through the wall and have the heat flow.

Thanks again and I'm sorry if I screwed up , I'm new at this web site.

Jp
Old 12-12-2012, 10:01 PM   #4

There's the image of the wall that I have the opening because I need to somehow get an extension ( don't know pipes so link would be amazing ) and then run it to a registr in which I can cut a hole through the wall and have the heat flow.

Thanks again and I'm sorry if I screwed up , I'm new at this web site.

Jp
Old 12-12-2012, 10:07 PM   #5

Rewards Points: 2,000

Where is that pipe in relation to the ceiling, or the floor? Heat distributionis best when it is near the floor. You may be able to elbow down and put in a section of pipe then elbow out to a boot. Insulated ductwork is the best way to go.
Old 12-12-2012, 10:13 PM   #6

It is almost near the top of of the wall. Almost 83 inches up from floor. Can you recommend a pipe to get as I am so clueless and the workers at lowes / Home Depot are nowhere to be found when I search around. So basically a elbow down and then a pipe leading to near the bottom of the stud then maybe a register out the Sheetrock. ?

Thanks again for Answering in advance

Jp
Old 12-12-2012, 10:19 PM   #7

Rewards Points: 2,000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jperrotta View Post
It is almost near the top of of the wall. Almost 83 inches up from floor. Can you recommend a pipe to get as I am so clueless and the workers at lowes / Home Depot are nowhere to be found when I search around. So basically a elbow down and then a pipe leading to near the bottom of the stud then maybe a register out the Sheetrock. ?

Thanks again for Answering in advance

Jp
Yes, you have the concept. If you have room you can use an insulated flexpipe to a boot in the wall. (5" round to 4" X 10" rectangle angle boot)