DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

HEIL furnace keeps kicking off reset switch

18K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  hvac122 
#1 ·
My furnace works fine for about 4-5 minutes. If it has to run longer than that it seems to kick off reset switch and after I go to furnance and reset the switch it works fine. The problem is when it is fairly cold outside the furnance has to run longer to heat up house and that is when it kicks off the reset switch. What is the problem?

#8 ·
It is a small reset button located between to small wire connectors. These wires run to the housing of furnace and are attached to a small 4" x 2" plate that is attached to furnace housing. It seems to me that anytime the furnance has to run for long period of time (Colder out) it kicks off. If it only runs for 3-4 minutes to heat house it is fine. Filter is new, cleaned vents.

#9 ·
It sounds like your re-setting a limit switch. These are there for safety and should not be reset without finding out what is causing it to trip.

When was the last time the furnace was checked by a pro? I would have this done and not take the chance with your family. There are just to many reasons for it to trip and it really needs repaired.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.