Heating Garage - HVAC - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > HVAC

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 12-05-2006, 10:50 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 75

heating garage

I am losing my exercise room soon and have to make accommodations in my attached garage. Problem is I need heat in there. My hvac system ducts run through the garage and into the house. I thought about cutting into one and putting up a register but I know that could probably screw up the system as far as return flow and all that stuff. Is there an economical way to heat a garage without it turning into a project?? I only need it to be around 60*f when I'm out there. thanks

Advertisement

farrington135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 03:13 PM   #2
Thoroughbred Mopar Man

Rewards Points: 500

heating garage

Hi farrington135

If your system is gas fired, I would like to suggest a little heater that we sell for this purpose. It is called a Silent Servant built by Rinnai. The model number of the one that I have enclosed will take the place of a 50,000 btu floor furnace. Heater model# RCE606TRAN for natural gas and RCE606TRAL for LP gas. these little heaters are 99% efficient and have a variable speed blower on them. I believe you will be quite impressed.

Good luck
Rusty

Advertisement

#CARRIERMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 03:15 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 75

heating garage

I would recomend a Hot DAWG heater (brand name)
acefurnacefixer is offline   Reply With Quote