DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

Heating And Cooling Sunroom

3K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  kennzz05 
#1 ·
I currently have a Sanyo split system in my sunroom.It is only 3 years old and the condensor circuit board went bad.Tried to purchase circuit board asa a home owner , but Sanyo will not sell to home owner.So i hired a contractor to troubleshoot the problem and give me a price for repair.They said that the circuit board went bad due to bad crankcase heater, ansd the repairs would coast 1300.00.They advised to replace with a Mitsubshi split system with a cost of 2200.00 dollars. I feel that if i have to i can install this system myself ,but are the split systems the way to go or do i go to a knee unit with heat and air?? Any help would be appreciated, Thanks.

#2 ·
Get a second opinion. That does not sound feasible to me.
I don't want to take any thing away from your mechanical skills but unless you have an EPA card and know how to measure superheat and subcooling
with press gauges and electronic instruments I would at least look into to having it professionally done.

#3 ·
i agree on the second opinion thats insane to suggest a replacement for a 3 yr old unit. thats the point id show him the front door
very little diff between sanyo and mitsu
find a local dealer and see if they will sell to you if you have to tell them they dont have to warrant the board

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.