Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > HVAC

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-20-2010, 07:38 PM   #1
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 7
Share |
Default

Heat Pump Low Voltage Wiring


have a new Duro Guard Heat Pump it has the low voltage wiring of Y B C R D on the circuit board. my stat has the Y R G C W O connections on it. The problem is if I wire up the B on the Heat Pump the reversing valve clicks and the heat cycle is engaged, If I take the B wire off the valve clicks and the cool mode is working. this is backwards. the valve engaged should be in the cool mode. can any one tell me what is wrong here.

bobolink2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 06:20 AM   #2
An old Tradesmen
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: PA
Posts: 24,371
Default

Heat Pump Low Voltage Wiring


Its a Rheem product, and that is how they are suppose to work. Energized in heat mode, de-energized in cooling mode.

Go into your installer set up menu. Look for the setting to change the O to energize the RV in heat mode.

beenthere is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 05:50 PM   #3
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 7
Default

Heat Pump Low Voltage Wiring


Quote:
Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
Its a Rheem product, and that is how they are suppose to work. Energized in heat mode, de-energized in cooling mode.

Go into your installer set up menu. Look for the setting to change the O to energize the RV in heat mode.
I don't have a installer set up menu, but I know now that Duro Guard is energized in the heat mode, not the cooling mode. Thanks.
bobolink2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 07:39 PM   #4
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 2,362
Default

Heat Pump Low Voltage Wiring


yep, rheem ruuds are backwards from everything else.

Last edited by Marty S.; 04-21-2010 at 07:45 PM.
Marty S. is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Marty S. For This Useful Post:
bobolink2000 (04-22-2010)
Old 04-24-2010, 10:02 PM   #5
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 17
Default

Heat Pump Low Voltage Wiring


i never understood why rheem does that. It seems like if your heat pump pooped out you would at least like to have some heat in the winter
tamar120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 10:28 AM   #6
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 7
Default

Heat Pump Low Voltage Wiring


Quote:
Originally Posted by tamar120 View Post
i never understood why rheem does that. It seems like if your heat pump pooped out you would at least like to have some heat in the winter
My stat does not have the (B) on it for the heat mode, I guess I'll have to change the stat out. I don't think there is any other way.
bobolink2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 12:00 PM   #7
An old Tradesmen
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: PA
Posts: 24,371
Default

Heat Pump Low Voltage Wiring


I don't recall in recent years having seen any thermostat that has a O terminal that couldn't be configured to operate as a B terminal.

What brand and model number is your thermostat.
beenthere is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 12:21 PM   #8
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 7
Default

Heat Pump Low Voltage Wiring


Quote:
Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
I don't recall in recent years having seen any thermostat that has a O terminal that couldn't be configured to operate as a B terminal.

What brand and model number is your thermostat.
I'am not at the home where the stat is, I don't know the model or brand name, it is a older stat has the R Y W G C O on the stat. I could not fine a switch that goes between 0 or B on it.
bobolink2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 12:54 PM   #9
An old Tradesmen
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: PA
Posts: 24,371
Default

Heat Pump Low Voltage Wiring


Depending how old. You may indeed need to get another thermostat.
beenthere is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 09:23 AM   #10
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 7
Default

Heat Pump Low Voltage Wiring


Quote:
Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
Depending how old. You may indeed need to get another thermostat.
I have a new Duro Guard Heat Pump. with the terminals (C) (R) (B) (Y) (D) and a new stat LUX-750 the terminals are (E)(G)(Y)(R)(X)(0)(W2)(B). The Furance is Electric How do I wire this so my rev. Valve will work in the heat mode.and the A/C will work in the cool mode. and heat strips will work in the emg. heat mode. and the heat pump will work in lst stage heat?
bobolink2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 09:50 AM   #11
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: palm coast fl
Posts: 588
Default

Heat Pump Low Voltage Wiring


Quote:
Originally Posted by bobolink2000 View Post
I have a new Duro Guard Heat Pump. with the terminals (C) (R) (B) (Y) (D) and a new stat LUX-750 the terminals are (E)(G)(Y)(R)(X)(0)(W2)(B). The Furance is Electric How do I wire this so my rev. Valve will work in the heat mode.and the A/C will work in the cool mode. and heat strips will work in the emg. heat mode. and the heat pump will work in lst stage heat?

e=white wire for elec heat
g=green wire for fan
y=yellow for outside unit
r= red for power
x=blue or black for common(have to look in air hand to figure out which color is being used for common)
O=not used for your application
w2 jumper wire to e term
b= reversing valve (usually orange)

kennzz05 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to kennzz05 For This Useful Post:
bobolink2000 (05-01-2010)
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Rheem Package Heat Pump Newbie03 HVAC 4 02-26-2010 06:32 PM
What temp does my Heat Pump stop producing good heat or what is the threshold? twilightcall HVAC 15 02-12-2010 09:46 PM
Heat Pump Control Wiring Questions IBuiltPools HVAC 3 01-14-2010 01:45 PM
Electric Wiring for Pool Heater (heat pump) tazmajazz Electrical 7 10-21-2009 08:49 PM
Wiring help - Honeywell Thermostat w/ Carrier Heat Pump Tom Williams HVAC 7 09-14-2008 07:40 AM




Top of Page | View New Posts

Copyright © 2003-2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.