Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > HVAC

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 05-31-2011, 08:23 PM   #1

Share |

Heat Pump Fuse

So it finally gets hots enough to want the AC on, and while the fan is blowing the place is not cooling lower than low 80's. I discovered the unit is not even running. It's a Bryant Legacy heat pump, installed less than 3 years ago. There's a little gray box outside next to it, with two lights saying "Line 1 (Line 2) fuse bad when lit." And the line 1 one is lit.

My first stupid question is whether this is like a car, where I can just buy a fuse and plug it in somewhere? I don't know to what fuse it refers. I can see a piece inside the box that either opens or comes out - it's a little black section at the top with a metal handle. The bottom gray portion has a screw.

I'd almost rather drag my old window a/c down from the attic than call these bozos I bought this thing from. Let's just say there's a bit of "history" with these people. I need to put a whole letter together to them but wish to wait until I can get everything together at once.

Is this like the kind of fuse that can just konk out after some time and be replaced... or does this mean something is wrong in the wiring? Even if I can replace it myself, I'd certainly like to know why it happened.

Erimess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 09:14 PM   #2
An old Tradesmen

Heat Pump Fuse

Generally, when a fuse blows, something caused it to blow. You can try putting another fuse in. But before you do, you need a multi meter to check out why it blew.

beenthere is online now   Reply With Quote