Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > HVAC

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 09-05-2006, 09:02 PM   #1

Share |

heat pump

hello,

I am new to your community. I am looking for some information about heat pump units & the install price.
I am considering buying a house that is missing the AC unit & parts of the heating unit. Someone has stolen the AC unit, parts out of the heating unit, & all the wiring & plumbing.

The house is 1585 sq. ft. with almost 3/4 basement that did not have heat. I am figuring a 3 ton unit will do the job?
I did a quick google search & saw a Goodman 3 ton unit for $1,300.00 - $1,700.00. Depending on the seer. What is the seer? And how important is this? Is Goodman a good heat pump?

Also, if I were to buy a unit what should I look to pay. I realize a lot of things go into the figure, location, house, size, etc. I am just looking for a ruff guess. House is located in Greenville SC if that helps.

If anyone has an opinion or ideas this would be great.

Thanks, Stuart

dreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 08:53 PM   #2

heat pump

SEER is the seasonal energy efficiency rating. Basically if its a 10 SEER it will remove 10 BTU's of heat from an area for every 1 watt of electricity it consumes. Prices vary drastically from one part of the country to another. I would suggest you get a load calculation done to tell you exactly what your cooling and heating requirements are instead of guessing the size you need.

oddjob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 07:18 PM   #3

heat pump

Quote:
Originally Posted by oddjob View Post
SEER is the seasonal energy efficiency rating. Basically if its a 10 SEER it will remove 10 BTU's of heat from an area for every 1 watt of electricity it consumes. Prices vary drastically from one part of the country to another. I would suggest you get a load calculation done to tell you exactly what your cooling and heating requirements are instead of guessing the size you need.
Thanks, I will do that.
dreck is offline   Reply With Quote