Forums | Home Repair | Home Improvement | Painting | Interior Decorating | Remodeling | Landscaping

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > HVAC

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 11-06-2008, 08:36 AM   #1

Share |

Goodman motor availability

I'm having a frustrating time with the blower motor in my Goodman HVAC unit. The motor is locked up and I need to replace it. I have not been able to find the same part number available online. The manufacturer and service agents refuse to sell the motor to a home owner. They want $85 per hour plus parts (at a markup) to replace a motor that I am fully capable of doing myself. Is there a supplier that can sell this motor direct to me? Is there a cross reference for other motor that might work in my unit. It is a GE motor with 8 wires.
Model number:
5KCP39GG T784 S

I already have the blower assembly out and the fan off the shaft. I just need the replacement motor.

Thanks,

NT
NomadTrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 10:39 AM   #2

Many times you can buy the whole assembly cheaper than just the motor. Check that out and see what a whole assembly is. When I replace a bad motor that's what I do. I can just slide out the old one and put in the new one.
Old 11-07-2008, 01:56 PM   #3

This says it replaces a 5KCP

http://americanhvacparts.com/Merchan...Code=m-goodman

One note - when I start spending $200+ for parts to install myself on a $900-$1100 furnace I start to think real hard about replacing the whole thing. If it's an older unit and it looks like other $200+ parts might fail in the near future then think about a total replacement.

Last edited by jogr; 11-07-2008 at 02:00 PM.
jogr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 05:41 PM   #4

give your local www.grainger.com a call for this part match #3M875 $107.55 add new capacitor to it.they welcome home owners over the counters,and they are open on staurdays.just bring all the taggd info off the old motor sticker that frame is critical for that mounting page #134 in the motor section of the printed catalog

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
biggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 11:53 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin Gardens View Post
Many times you can buy the whole assembly cheaper than just the motor. Check that out and see what a whole assembly is. When I replace a bad motor that's what I do. I can just slide out the old one and put in the new one.

???
Where'd that come from Marv? Don't nobody sell the whole blower assembly the way you describe. And it it sure wouldn' be cheaper than just the motor it self.
Old 11-08-2008, 11:01 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvaclover View Post
???
Where'd that come from Marv? Don't nobody sell the whole blower assembly the way you describe. And it it sure wouldn' be cheaper than just the motor it self.
Excatly what I was thinking, had to read the post 3 times to make sure i was reading it right..lol
HvacWiz is offline   Reply With Quote