Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > HVAC

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 11-02-2010, 08:38 PM   #1

Share |

Goodman light blinks 3 times

I have a Goodman model GMP075-3 Rev A furnace that won't start. The control panel trouble light blinks 3 times indicating a pressure switch problem. I spent $40 today for a new one and there is no change after I installed it. You can hear the panel kick on but nothing else happens. The trouble light starts blinking after about 5 seconds. Do I need a new blower motor or is there some other issue?

tofer860 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 09:04 PM   #2
30 year tech

If the inducer motor is comming on then check the hoses and where they connect from the pressure switch. Coroosion or small spider webs sometimes will block it from working properly. Also check your vent for blockage like a bird or something.

hvac122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 10:09 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvac122 View Post
If the inducer motor is comming on then check the hoses and where they connect from the pressure switch. Coroosion or small spider webs sometimes will block it from working properly. Also check your vent for blockage like a bird or something.
The inducer motor does not come on. Nothing comes on. As soon as I turn the furnace on you can hear the control panel fire up and then NOTHING except for the blinking light. I checked the vacuum hose as well as the vent pipe and all are clear.
tofer860 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 07:18 AM   #4
fabrk8r

The inducer motor may be seized. Check to see that it spins freely. It's a common problem on Goodmans. If the inducer doesn't spin freely the furnace will lock out. Usually there is some warning that the bearings are seizing because they will make a racket, but occasionally they do just stop suddenly.