Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > HVAC

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 07-08-2013, 12:52 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Goodman heat pumps

I just installed a 2.5 ton goodman heat pump in a home that replaced a carrier , the air handler is carrier but was not replaced , we also installed a new honeywell 3550 thermostat which was programed per factory specs, my problem is the heat pump will run in heat mode but will not cool , I have been doing this for years but I must say that after a few days working on this problem I'm stumped , so now I'm reaching out for any suggestions I may be able to find , the only thing I have found so far is the my helper installed the filter dryer in the wrong direction but I have saw them work that way as well ,(I'm going to change that today) so anything anyone could throw out there that I may not have tried is more than welcome!!! HELP please.......thanks

jlz88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 02:36 AM   #2
Experienced HVAC Tech

Rewards Points: 250

Goodman heat pumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlz88
I just installed a 2.5 ton goodman heat pump in a home that replaced a carrier , the air handler is carrier but was not replaced , we also installed a new honeywell 3550 thermostat which was programed per factory specs, my problem is the heat pump will run in heat mode but will not cool , I have been doing this for years but I must say that after a few days working on this problem I'm stumped , so now I'm reaching out for any suggestions I may be able to find , the only thing I have found so far is the my helper installed the filter dryer in the wrong direction but I have saw them work that way as well ,(I'm going to change that today) so anything anyone could throw out there that I may not have tried is more than welcome!!! HELP please.......thanks
How can the filter dryer be the wrong direction. Aren't u supposed to use a two directional filter dryer on a heat pump, being that it is, well, a heat pump and the refrigerant changes directions.

HVAC1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 05:59 AM   #3

Rewards Points: 10

Goodman heat pumps

thats true but he did not use a bi-flow dryer but a single flow off my truck that was there for an A/C only system that I am suppose to install today. thanks
jlz88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 06:53 PM   #4

Rewards Points: 250

Goodman heat pumps

Make sure the reversing valve connector from the heat pump to the thermostat is set to "O", not "B". The Goodman should be the same as the old Carrier (only Rheem/Ruud use the "B" connection, to the best of my knowledge).
sktn77a is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sktn77a For This Useful Post:
jlz88 (07-08-2013)