GoodMan GoodCare Service Agreement ?? - HVAC - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > HVAC

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 09-19-2012, 11:07 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 25

GoodMan GoodCare Service agreement ??

I have a 2 year old GoodMan heat Pump. Model GPH1560M41. I have a ten year parts and labor GoodCare Extended Service Agreement.
The coverage number is EWGPX-410 AND EWGPY-410. The Agreement States it will pay for all parts and labor. Except one part of it list things not covered. Like thermostat, vents, stuff like that. Under the part that states things they do not cover Refrigerant is NOT listed.

My unit stopped working a week ago. The reversing valve blew out. So I need the valve replaced. And a completely full charge of refergeant etc.

I have called about 20 GoodCare Dealers in my area. I get the same basic story from them all. Not interested in the job. It is to hard and time consuming for what GoodMan will pay and they can't afford to take the job.

Some have said GoodMan is now claiming refrigerant is not a part of the system, and they do not pay for it. Come on... Not a Part... Or they only pay a flat amount of 100.00.

They have all stated that if I pay myself and forget about the agreement, they will do the job.

Some have said if I pay some extra over what GoodMan will pay, they will do the job. It ranges from 500.0 to 800.00, on top of the Agreement.

They all told me Goodman owes them money on claims from last year. and so on.

So I sit in 100 % weather with no AC and seemingly no way to fix it.

I am wondering if any of you are or have been GoodCare Dealers and what is the story based on your experience?

Not one dealer I called had anything good to say about GoodMan. They said it used to be a great company and good to deal with, but no more. Three of them stopped being a dealer in the last few months.

Do not know of it matters, but I'm in Arizona. Also in two years it has had about 20 service calls. I have never paid for refrigerant. The selling dealer stopped returning my calls last year.

Advertisement

tom1336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 11:55 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 2,000

Have you ever contacted Goodman directly? The mfg? Forget the dealer right now, contact Goodman directly or let your lawyer do it. Let them know what issues you have had and have now.http://www.hoovers.com/company/Goodman_Manufacturing_Company_LP/cfsxyi-1.html

The phone number is listed in this link. CALL TOMORROW!

Advertisement

Last edited by Missouri Bound; 09-20-2012 at 12:03 AM.
Missouri Bound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 02:15 AM   #3

I thank you for the response.
But not what I have asked. I want to know what it is like from a dealers point of view.
There is so much more to the story, and history of the unit, but I am trying to find out things from the dealers point of view and if it is as I have been told by the dealers I have talked to.
I have even spoken to the distributor Gary Pacific.
I long ago did the lawyer thing and contacting GoodMan directly.
Old 09-20-2012, 12:21 PM   #4

Rewards Points: 334

unfortunately, this kind of experience from any type of warranty or extended service agreement happens all too often. you really need to research the warranty up front before you purchase it to know whether or not it is worth it. have you done any research on the type of warranty you have to see if others have similar problems and what they did about it? that would be a good start.
NitroNate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 12:37 PM   #5

Rewards Points: 500

if your service agreement is with the original installer..they should be liabel to honour it.( do you have small claims court..if so write letter of request for service to the service provider and send it notorized..then see how they respond..what the heck were the 20 previous service calls for..is the unit installed in a bad location or atmosphere or what...installer should have fixed issues by now..you would think ...if they don't res;pond then you should call another company to fix the problem then present the bill and any other costs to them for reimbursementy then if they do not respond ..take them to small claims court...maybe check with the JP to see what is required for a good case OR see a lawyer...Maybe there is a class action law suit possible...contact Goodman for their response and then advise them with that suggestion
techpappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 06:24 PM   #6

I apologize, there seems to be some confusion as to my posting.
I do not need to be told to speak with an attorney. I have one. And I know my legal rights.
I have also spoken to the manufacturer, and so on.
In a perfect world I would pay 10,000.00 to replace this system, and give my attorney at least 5,000.00 to go get my money back. But I do not have the extra 15,000.00 to do that.
I know the type of warranty I have. It is a GoodMan GoodCare warranty. It is with GoodMan. It is not one backed by an installing dealer or insurance company. It is with the Manufacture. And I have a full copy of the document. And I read it before I bought it and so on.
What I am asking about is what have any GoodMan GoodCare dealers themselves that may read this post have experienced. And what they can tell me about their thoughts and experiences past and present with the GoodCare warranty.
I thank those that have responded and tried to help, put the responses were not to the information I am looking for. I again apologize if my posting was not clear, I hope this helps to clarify the information I am looking for.
Old 09-20-2012, 07:36 PM   #7

OK let me be a little more direct..fist of all I don't know your location...likely somewhere in those great Unites States CORRECTION just noticed you are indeed, in AZ but, I am in Ontario Canada where we have a small claims court where we can take these issue to be arbited by a JOP and where the burden of proof is a lot less than in a regular court..it's good for claims up to $15 -$25000 AND is very inexpensive to file your own claim without a lawyer However we do have to have a good paper trail showing that the manufacturer, in this case has been requested to do warranty work and has been given every opportunity to respond them Also, we have to show a loss e.g., receipt showing we did have the issue resolved at our expense. All of these things have to be backed up by a paper trail which you seem to have BUT I don't know if you have a similar court procedure available to you

Furthermore, I think everyone on this forum understands that you want GOODMAN reps to testify e.g., give deleterious statements about their supplier ...I don't think it is realistic to expect these guys to bite the hand that feeds them or expose any of their fellow HVAC tradesmsn especially since you may not be relating all the pertinent facts..for all they know the unit is or has not been installed correctly or has been subject unqualified people involved in the install/servicing of the unit SO, sorry, you haven't been too successful but your wants may be trumped by others' needs. I wish you good luck.

Last edited by techpappy; 09-20-2012 at 07:41 PM.
techpappy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to techpappy For This Useful Post:
ben's plumbing (09-20-2012)
Old 09-20-2012, 09:08 PM   #8

Rewards Points: 2,562

I have read all the comments here.....extended warranties and parts and labor warranties....ARE NOT WORTH IT...NONE OF THEM..these sales tactics are just what they are tactics to get people to buy....in 30 + yrs in the hvac i still have yet to see a good warranty company with good coverage.....insurance companys are in the money making business....always something in fine print or worded in a way that releases them from there responsibilty....I used to accept all extended warrinties policies for payment at one time ...and yes for only a short time...bottom line...they don't want to pay going wages for parts or labor....day or night......next time your offered and extended warranty....l even if its free...decline...ben sr..
ben's plumbing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 10:06 PM   #9

I thank you all for your good intentions in responding. However all your responses have had nothing to do with the reason I posted and the responses I requested.

Again, I have a lawyer. I know my rights, I know what the warranty is and is not. I know how my courts work, and so on.

I am not looking to get someone to testify. This is mostly an anonymous forum. It would take a court order and and lot of money to find out "who" a poster was unless they wanted to be known. And anything posted here is worthless as evidence in court. I have talked to 20 GoodMan dealers around me. I know who they are. So if needed I could subpena them. And that would be assuming I was looking to litigate this matter.

In fact I will litigate if needed, but it is in my best interest to try to find a way to resolve my issue without litigation.

Part of looking into things is to try to find out if the issues I am hearing with GoodMan is confined to my area (Arizona for those that did not see it in my other posting) or if that is just the way it is nationally.

And on and on. I am not looking to burn anyone. I am not looking to build a court case.

I am simply looking into how others in the field feel about the GoodCare warranty from personal experience. Not about things in general.

I do not understand why well intentioned individualizes seemed to be compelled to post a response that is not to the point.
Old 09-20-2012, 10:21 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom1336 View Post
I thank you all for your good intentions in responding. However all your responses have had nothing to do with the reason I posted and the responses I requested.

Again, I have a lawyer. I know my rights, I know what the warranty is and is not. I know how my courts work, and so on.

I am not looking to get someone to testify. This is mostly an anonymous forum. It would take a court order and and lot of money to find out "who" a poster was unless they wanted to be known. And anything posted here is worthless as evidence in court. I have talked to 20 GoodMan dealers around me. I know who they are. So if needed I could subpena them. And that would be assuming I was looking to litigate this matter.

In fact I will litigate if needed, but it is in my best interest to try to find a way to resolve my issue without litigation.

Part of looking into things is to try to find out if the issues I am hearing with GoodMan is confined to my area (Arizona for those that did not see it in my other posting) or if that is just the way it is nationally.

And on and on. I am not looking to burn anyone. I am not looking to build a court case.

I am simply looking into how others in the field feel about the GoodCare warranty from personal experience. Not about things in general.

I do not understand why well intentioned individualizes seemed to be compelled to post a response that is not to the point.
I guess I can say sorry maybe for the confusion...but as stated most if no all extended warranties including goodcare...are not worth it....weather we have a personal opinion or not...if you have a lawyer he the one you should be pressing for a way to resolve this so you stay out of court...not us ..wish you well on finding what your after..ben
Old 09-21-2012, 01:29 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben's plumbing View Post
I guess I can say sorry maybe for the confusion...but as stated most if no all extended warranties including goodcare...are not worth it....weather we have a personal opinion or not...if you have a lawyer he the one you should be pressing for a way to resolve this so you stay out of court...not us ..wish you well on finding what your after..ben
I am afraid its the company that installed it needs to step up to the plate. If my company installed it you would be looked after with out question. problem is some folks take the cheap price and end up with your mess. I am afraid it happens way to often. Not only with Goodman but all brands. We charge more than most for installs but have never charged a penny if our customer has a 10 year parts and labor. And I am not saying you took the cheap price it just is a common thing...
carmon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to carmon For This Useful Post:
ben's plumbing (09-21-2012)
Old 09-21-2012, 07:38 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmon View Post
I am afraid its the company that installed it needs to step up to the plate. If my company installed it you would be looked after with out question. problem is some folks take the cheap price and end up with your mess. I am afraid it happens way to often. Not only with Goodman but all brands. We charge more than most for installs but have never charged a penny if our customer has a 10 year parts and labor. And I am not saying you took the cheap price it just is a common thing...
I agree with you carmon...his installing contractor stopped returning his calls...which should be addressed but for some reason is not...my personal opinion about extended warranties stands...i don't sale them or honor them...past experience dictates that..and the future of them don't look to brite either....I will honor my own extended coverage from my own company...because I don't have to deal with anyone but myself in what is covered or what is not and the cost...ben sr
Old 09-21-2012, 04:05 PM   #13
as seen on tv

Rewards Points: 150

Refrigerant should be covered and we always got paid through the good care warranty. Had some trouble once when we serviced a gooman that we did not install. We no longer sell good man equipment because of the service issues, however we upgraded parts the were bad with higher quality non oem parts were possible.
qbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 08:10 PM   #14

Rewards Points: 1,000

Tom it must be because the price rates in your area are above what goodman will pay. Goodcare dealers set their own price when they sign up for the program but there is a maximum per hour that's allowed. Around here there's hardly any of the 95 licensed companies that charge over that, must not be that cheap in your part of the world. IMO they shouldn't be selling the warranty if they can't work for that rate.
Marty S. is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Marty S. For This Useful Post:
ben's plumbing (09-21-2012)
Old 09-22-2012, 09:02 AM   #15
An old Tradesmen

Rewards Points: 4,606

May or may not be a Goodcare dealer that is a member here. So you may not get an answer from one.

Might want to call Goodman and explain to them that no dealer in your area seems to want to honor the warranty. And ask them if they can give you the contact info to one that will honor the warranty. If the names the provide you with won't honor the warranty. Then call Goodman back up and ask for your warranty money back. That will get some calls started at Goodman.

While you may want to keep your warranty, its of little use if you have to spend 3 weeks calling to get someone to honor it everytime you have a problem.

Advertisement

beenthere is online now   Reply With Quote