Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > HVAC

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 01-12-2006, 07:27 PM   #1

Share |

Goodman GMP100-3 Forced air furnace

Hello,

I have goodman gmp100-3 forced air furnace and it is not puttin out warm air. It blows air but each time it tries to ignite it lights for a few seconds then goes out and it keep doing that but never light the blower just keeps going. Does anyone have an idea of what might be causing it not to ignite ?

sylvia is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sylvia For This Useful Post:
Twilli7 (12-12-2012)
Old 01-13-2006, 05:41 AM   #2
weinstall.ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylvia
Hello,

I have goodman gmp100-3 forced air furnace and it is not puttin out warm air. It blows air but each time it tries to ignite it lights for a few seconds then goes out and it keep doing that but never light the blower just keeps going. Does anyone have an idea of what might be causing it not to ignite ?
At the top of your burner section there is a flame sensor.
It is a rod metal rod with ceramic around it.
It has one wire coming from it.
Remove the sensor . get steel wool, not sandpaper.
Clean the rod section.
Put back together.
This is an easy fix.
But remember to get your furnace serviced as there is a reason that you have a build up of crap on the sensor.
Good Luck

Allan
Clarkson Comfort Zone Heating & Air Mississauga

weinstall.ca

allan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to allan For This Useful Post:
Twilli7 (12-12-2012)
Old 02-15-2007, 05:36 PM   #3

i have the same furnace and my light is blinking 3 times. it says that its a pressure valve issure. i know nothing about gas, i checked to make sure the exhaust vent is clear so im pretty sure the gas is not getting there. any ideas? the gas is getting to the hot water heater that is about 6 feet away on the same feed. I need help or its going to be a cold night.
nvr2low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 01:08 PM   #4
Electrical Engineer

There is a pressure switch near the inducer (about a 3" diameter circle with at least 2 wires and a plastic tube running to it) that checks to see if the inducer blower is running and if the air is flowing through the heat exchangers. Does the inducer motor come on? If so, put a volt meter across the pressure switch terminals. If it is working there will be 24 VAC across it when the furnace comes on and when the inducer gets up to speed, the switch should close and the voltage will drop to zero.

If there is never any power, check all of the wiring to the switch. Also check the voltage from both wires to ground. At least one should have 24VAC when the furnace is on.

If there is constant 24VAC then you might have a restriction in the vent or pressure switch tube, or you might have a bad pressure switch.

Post what you find.
Kyle
rakes9720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 03:05 PM   #5

well, turns out the exhaust wasnt clear. a bird flew down my chimney and was stuck up against the fan. after posting this i decided to pull the pipe off to make sure it wasnt an exhaust problem and when i looked down there was a bird head poking out of the fan. i pulled it out and its now working fine.
nvr2low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 06:45 AM   #6

My furnace will not stay running. Everything will start going fine, furnace will ignite with no problem, both blowers turn on, will run for about the exact same time each time, then the little switch on the top of the burner will trip (little nipple pops up). The light will then flash once repeatedly. I will then have to depress the nipple on the little button looking thing to get it to ignite again. What is the cause and how can i fix this?

Last edited by altfour; 03-09-2009 at 07:28 AM.
altfour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 09:07 AM   #7

Sounds like you are reseting the flame rollout switch, probale cause is a cracked heat exchanger I would shut the furnace down and call someone ASAP to have it looked at.
HvacWiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 01:40 PM   #8
HVAC / Plumbing

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylvia View Post
Hello,

Just to add... could also be a vaccum switch issue, stopped up vent,vaccum at the exhaust motor
kenmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 10:30 PM   #9
Maint. Tech

Lightbulb

I have the Goodman gmp 100-3 and I have a problem with my stack. what is going on is that is when my furnace turns on it let's out a little gas smell out that travels out though the top of the water heater vent then it sucks it up. I'm wondering if my water heater inlet and burner needs to be cleaned out or the something else. it started happening around March of 09'

Last edited by jenden; 12-17-2009 at 10:46 PM.
jenden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 10:34 PM   #10
Maint. Tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylvia View Post
Hello,

I have the Goodman gmp 100-3 and I had that problem before. Adjust your igniter(glow rod) closer to the flame. Make sure your furnace is turned off from the breaker if possible first. Not to much or you'll burn it out. The igniter is also a sensor that sense if the flame is on. When the igniter can't sense the flame, it turn on then the gas valve opens then cloes because it doesn't sense a grounded connection(electricity) between the gas ports and the igniter. Yes, electricity travels though the flame. Try this before you call out someone
The Following User Says Thank You to jenden For This Useful Post:
Twilli7 (12-12-2012)
Old 12-18-2009, 05:06 AM   #11
An old Tradesmen

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenden View Post
I have the Goodman gmp 100-3 and I have a problem with my stack. what is going on is that is when my furnace turns on it let's out a little gas smell out that travels out though the top of the water heater vent then it sucks it up. I'm wondering if my water heater inlet and burner needs to be cleaned out or the something else. it started happening around March of 09'
Common on that type of set up. Comes from a cold chimney.

Did you set your water heaters temp lower last year some time.

Also could be a restricting chimney. And its draft increases as it gets warmer inside the chimney.
beenthere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 04:23 PM   #12
Maint. Tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
Common on that type of set up. Comes from a cold chimney.

Did you set your water heaters temp lower last year some time.

Also could be a restricting chimney. And its draft increases as it gets warmer inside the chimney.
Is there any way to clean the inside from the top vent of my gas water heater down to the burner. If so how and with what?
Old 12-20-2009, 04:26 PM   #13
An old Tradesmen

The problem isn't inside your water heater. Its in your chimney.
beenthere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 10:27 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by altfour View Post
My furnace will not stay running. Everything will start going fine, furnace will ignite with no problem, both blowers turn on, will run for about the exact same time each time, then the little switch on the top of the burner will trip (little nipple pops up). The light will then flash once repeatedly. I will then have to depress the nipple on the little button looking thing to get it to ignite again. What is the cause and how can i fix this?
Mast: I am just responding way to late , hope this may help someone with similar problem.

This is mostly due to build up on your flame sensor , your flame sensor is on left side of furnance after your remove back panels, its a metal rod hanging down towards furnance ignition. Just lightly wipe off that rod with sand paper or wool cloth. You should be fine

Buildup on metal rod may be due to some issue with your gas line or you have not serviced your furnance for couple to few years

Hope this helps
mast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 10:17 AM   #15

Huh??????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????????????????

SKIP4661 is offline   Reply With Quote