Forums | Home Repair | Home Improvement | Painting | Interior Decorating | Remodeling | Landscaping

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > HVAC

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 03-03-2008, 09:22 AM   #1

Share |

Goodman gas pack showing 2 blinks

I have a Goodman Gas pack and have been having trouble with it not firing at times but the blower runs. The LED is flashing twice indicating a pressure switch stuck closed. What do I check and how? Do I need a new pressure switch and if so how do I detach the old one (especially the electrical leads)? Thanks in advance!
ktimmeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 09:33 PM   #2

[quote=ktimmeny;103824]I have a Goodman Gas pack and have been having trouble with it not firing at times but the blower runs. The LED is flashing twice indicating a pressure switch stuck closed. What do I check and how? Do I need a new pressure switch and if so how do I detach the old one (especially the electrical leads)? Thanks in advance![/quote

You could have 1 of 2 problems:
1. If the venter motor is running all the time because of a stuck relay the pressure switch will be closed until it stops. If this is the case the board will need replacing.
2. The pressure switch could be just stuck in the closed position, try tapping the pressure switch to see if it is stuck, if so replace the pressure switch with a factory replacement part because if it sticks once it will stick again. As far as the wires go, I recommend getting the new one and replacing it wire for wire if there are more than 2 wires. If it only has 2 wires, it does not matter which wire goes where.
Post the model and serial number for the unit.
tnthvac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 09:12 AM   #3

Thanks for the advice! When you say tap the pressure switch to see if it is stuck closed, what do you mean? When I opened the unit and looked at it, it looked like just 2 wires connected and a small hose attached to a plastic circular piece. I was able to easily disconnect and reconnect the hose without a problem. I didn't physically see a switch or anything that physically moved when it was on or off. I just assumed that it was an electrical switch. What should I tap and what am I looking for? Thanks.
Old 03-04-2008, 03:11 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktimmeny View Post
Thanks for the advice! When you say tap the pressure switch to see if it is stuck closed, what do you mean? When I opened the unit and looked at it, it looked like just 2 wires connected and a small hose attached to a plastic circular piece. I was able to easily disconnect and reconnect the hose without a problem. I didn't physically see a switch or anything that physically moved when it was on or off. I just assumed that it was an electrical switch. What should I tap and what am I looking for? Thanks.
The switch is inside of the assembly, you can't get to it. If the inducer motor is not running constantly, I would just replace the pressure switch.
If you don't have any knowledge about electrical, I would recommend getting some professional help or you may cost yourself more than the help!
tnthvac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 08:24 AM   #5

Thanks for the great advice! The inducer motor does not run constantly so I will order a new switch today. It doesn't look too complicated(just two wires and 1 screw).