Forums | Home Repair | Home Improvement | Painting | Interior Decorating | Remodeling | Landscaping

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > HVAC

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 03-29-2010, 09:07 AM   #1

Share |

Goodman Furnace not starting

Hey Guys,

I have a Goodman furnace GMP125-4 unit that when I call for heat, the igniter will glow first (strange), but, none of the other processes start. I.E, the inducer does not come on first, or at all. I get a steady light sequence (no blinking) from the ckt. brd LED. The fan will not run, when the the TS control is switched to manual.
BTW, the conrol brd. was replaced a few months ago.
Please, any help before I get a bigger hammer!

Thanks,

Ken

SilverBullit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 10:09 AM   #2
Hvac Pro

Was it replaced with a Genuine Goodman board and not a knockoff. Very important that the furnace be grounded properly or it will blow circuit boards. The mounting plate for the board on the fan comes loose (loses ground) and needs to be secured with larger sheet metal screws.

Old 03-29-2010, 10:24 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuri View Post
Was it replaced with a Genuine Goodman board and not a knockoff. Very important that the furnace be grounded properly or it will blow circuit boards. The mounting plate for the board on the fan comes loose (loses ground) and needs to be secured with larger sheet metal screws.
Thanks for the reply. The board was replaced by an ICM Controls product and is listed as an ICM280C Goodman Furnace Control module. The starting sequence started acting up a few days ago, with doing a couple start-up cycles before finally continuing to the run cycle. Last evening it finally stopped. The brd. mtd. on nylon legs, but, I will check for any loose ground. I did check the filter and it was a little clogged. After cleaning, I checked the limit sw and it was not tripped.
SilverBullit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 11:14 AM   #4
Hvac Pro

Check for ground from the furnace AND that mounting plate to a copper water line. Use a piece of cheater wire from the water line to your ohmeter and then furnace (trick of the trade).