Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > HVAC

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 03-13-2010, 11:54 AM   #1

Share |

Goodman furnace control board

I had a Goodman GMV95 2 stage variable speed furnace installed last fall. It has worked great so far. Now I went to vacuum and clean the interior and noticed the green led light isn't on at all? The furnace starts and runs fine but that led doesn't work. When you press in the interlock switch the light will come on for a split second and then go out completely. Any ideas? I'm thing the board must have a bad solder or something but I need that light for future diagnostics.

patz83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 12:29 PM   #2
Hvac Pro

Did you run the vacuum inside the furnace. You may have zapped the board with static electricity and damaged it. Running a vacuum can charge a human with static. I have purposely developed a habit of occasionally touching the furnace chassis when working near a board. Takes VERY little static to cause a problem. Sorry.

The board has a warranty, you may be able to get your installer to get a new one from Goodman if you don't tell him what happened.

Old 03-13-2010, 12:47 PM   #3

I notice the light wasn't working before I was going to vacuum. I didn't need to vacuum b/c the filter has worked so well there was no dust etc. to even clean.
Old 03-13-2010, 01:12 PM   #4
Hvac Pro

Not sure if that light needs to be on all the time. Read the troubleshooting code legend on the back of the door or in the install manual. Some boards flash that light like a heartbeat/once per second which means normal. Every brand is different.
Old 03-14-2010, 08:45 AM   #5

The manual says solid green light everything is ok. Then there are troubleshooting codes by the number of blinks if there is something wrong. I'm guessing it's the board but I don't understand why it comes on for a split second and then goes off.
Old 03-14-2010, 09:45 AM   #6
Hvac Pro

With the lower door on can you see the green light on? Make sure the wiring harness/wires are not blocking your view of the light with the door on. Does the furnace work properly with the door on?
Old 03-14-2010, 01:35 PM   #7

When the door is closed the furnace runs fine. I hold in the interlock switch as if the door was on to see that there is no green light. The furnace works fine with or without the door as long as I push in that switch.
Old 03-14-2010, 02:07 PM   #8
Hvac Pro

Try simulate a flame failure by turning the knob on the gas valve to OFF and start the furnace. After about 5 trials for ignition the board should lockout the burner and give an error code. Then you will know if you still have a diagnostic feature. After that all I can say is get a new board if it bothers you.