DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

goodman furnace

8K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  johnrem 
#1 ·
I have a Goodman furnace and an Goodman airconditioning unit. I have replaced the thermostat with a honeywell digital thermostat RTH230B. I have also replaced the 2 single pair wire with a single 18 awg 5 wire. Since then nothing has worked but I have been able to get the furnace to work but the air conditioner does't work and the blower motor does't turn on when the fan switch is turned on.
My thermostat is wired:
Rh- red (jumpered)
Rc- red (jumpered)
W- White, Blue
Y- Yellow
G- Green
My furnaced is wired:
W- White and Spillage switch
R- Red
G- Green, Blue and relay
C- Relay and Gas Valve
Y- Yellow
I'm pretty good at reading schematics but I can't find any on my Goodman furnace. I would appreciate any help on my wiring probem.

#3 ·
The only thing that I changed in my wiring is the blue wire that I jumpered from the green wire on my furnace and the white wire on the thermostat. If I lift the blue wire my gas turns on but my blower never turns on.

When the blue wire is lifted and I jumper the red-green-yellow wires the only thing that turns on is the blower motor, not the a/c unit.

When the red-white-yellow wires are jumpered the gas and blower turns on.

When the red-green wires are jumpered the blower turns on.

When the red-yellow wires are jumpered the blower turns on not the a/c unit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.