Goodman Dual Fuel Heat Pump - HVAC - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > HVAC

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 04-21-2012, 04:07 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Goodman Dual Fuel Heat Pump

The price of these units are great. I am wondering if there is a reason why they are so inexpensive. Are they an inferior product ?

Advertisement

Rusty Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 04:30 PM   #2
AKA HVACTECHFW

Rewards Points: 1,098

They are cheap, but with a good installation they should do fine. Goodman has a much better design now Vs. the past.

Advertisement

Old 04-21-2012, 09:00 PM   #3
REP

Rewards Points: 500

The Goodman company started not by the usual way of designing and marketing a product.
They bought old dead or dying companies and used their designs and distrabution systems.
When you have no engineering or marketing or research and development costs you can affort to price your product cheaper than anyone else.
The sad fact is that customers than don't know better and contractors that can't sell their own expertise and knowlege can only sell price.
With the big influx of sales Goodman has bought even more companies and better designs that were in place.They have gotten better products.They left a bad taste in my mouth because the few times I was forced to use their products their way of handeling warranties was not condusive to the way I ran my business.
I had to wait a month or two or three for bad part credit.They didn't have to wait 3 months for me to pay but I had to wait to get my credit.
That explains why I was a Trane/American Standard dealer.When I said a part was bad I got credit right away and 99% of the time I didn't even have to send the old part in.The very few times I had a problem with a new piece of equipment I got a factory tech to go out with me within a week or two.I had heard that Goodman factory techs are almost impossible to get,I don't know I never tried but that is what I was told.
I'm retired now so I don't care what anyone does but that was what I knew to be true.
REP is offline   Reply With Quote