Originally Posted by groundhog
I have a goodman aruf air handler.
Inside there is a control board that has a 3A fuse that was blown.
Only the digital honeywell thermostat was working.
Replaced the fuse.
Tried fan only on. This worked.
Then I put the heat to on and set the thermostat 1 degree above room temp. Clickity clack inside the thermostat.... nothing.
Went downstairs. Fuse blown again.
If it splattered the fuse element all over the inside of the glass sleeve, it was a pretty high current overload. A small gap in the element is a marginal overload.
Check the Web with your make & model for similar complaints.