Goodman Air Handler Won't Shut Down - HVAC - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > HVAC

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 12-21-2008, 11:02 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Goodman Air Handler won't shut down

I've just installed a Goodman Electric Air Handler in my garage. I have a honeywell t-stat hooked up to it on a inside wall. I set my t-stat at 50 degrees and the air handler continues to heat and run after reaching the 50 degrees, I finally shut it down myself when it got to 60. I have it wired I think correctly, red to red, white to white, and green to green (from t-stat to air handler). It does not have any a/c hooked up to it, just want it for heat only. The only way I can stop it from running on is to either turn off the t-stat or kill the power. Killing the power to the unit stops it immediatly, and turning off the t-stat it will shut down then after it cools down as it should normally do. I just can't figure out why it just wants to keep heating after it reaches the temp it was set to. The only thing I can think of is perhaps a faulty t-stat. The t-stat is a Honeywell and I did make sure it was set on the back for electric furnace. Any suggestions on what the problem might be?

Advertisement

RonH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 06:55 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 75

Goodman Air Handler won't shut down

If it shuts down after you turn the thermostat switch to off (after time delay), the thermostat is bad.

Advertisement

hoistdoctor is offline   Reply With Quote