DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

Goodman Air Handler with Missing Parts

10K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  #CARRIERMAN 
#1 ·
I just purchased a supposed 10-month old Goodman CPLJ48-1B with an air handler ARUF049-00A-1A SR1431007 for $400. The outside unit appears to be fine. The air handler included the top part (heating coils) and power switches (as shown in the attached photo) but I it appears to be missing the blower and evaporator unit. I thought it would be easy to replace the missing parts but was just told that the air handler is obsolete and it would cost more to replace the parts rather than buy a new unit.

Can anyone tell me if the blower and evaporator unit appear to be the only parts missing and the part numbers I can use to complete the unit. I would like to place the evaporator unit in the crawl space horizontally if possible. Please reassure me this wasn't a huge mistake.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Hi cougarhsv

Buying a Goodman unit period is a mistake. But what they did to you is wrong. Did they divulge the fact that the evaporator and blower assy was missing. Just taking a wild guess here, but to replace all the missing pieces is about $1000.00 bucks. If your lucky between the condensing unit and the parts you have, you may have about $400.00 worth of scrap if you seperate it out. Trollmastergeneral has descenct equipment that I bet he would make you a legitimate deal on, he is pretty good people. See if you can get your money back.

Good luck
Rusty

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.