Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > HVAC

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 11-19-2007, 09:12 PM   #1

Share |

Geothermal loop poss screwup

Hi looking for some input i installed my own geothermal lake loop with the help of a person who had said he had done it before ,what it is is a continuos loop of 2000 ft of 1/14 pipe no header there are 4-500 ft rolls laid out over apx 16x40 ft joined in a series with NO MANIFOLD just a supply and return ,i had a contractor who was comming next week to install geo pump ,is this going to work or should i wait till spring to redo it, pond is know frozen looking for all poss answers if this will wk it is a 4 ton unit

cbprov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 08:19 PM   #2

Best of luck.

sams7267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 09:30 AM   #3
Thoroughbred Mopar Man

Hi cbprov

If I understood your request properly, all I can say is oh c_ _ p. First thing you need to know is the tonnage of the geothermal system being used. You will need to purchase a 600 ft roll of 3/4" geopipe for each of these tons. Then you will need the appropriate manifold for this. You will need about a half dozen water proof cinder blocks and about 100 feet of poly rope. It sound like you already have the 1 1/4" pipe to the pond. But you are going to have a bunch of it left over when you get this right. You will want to use fusion joints on this system. You don't want any pond contamination in this system. Geothermal was my specialty when I still did this kind of work, I unfortunately have seen worse scenarios than your situation.

Good luck
Rusty
Old 11-23-2007, 07:36 PM   #4

Hello cbprov,
If you get the time ( LOL like any of us diy ers have time!) check out similar threads onthis site. I found archiving this site that #carrierman doesn't sugar coat his words, shares what he knows, and is generous with his experience. Good luck. Thanks. Cliff
UBoiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 07:37 PM   #5

Hello cbprov,
If you get the time ( LOL like any of us diy ers have time!) check out similar threads onthis site. I found archiving this site that #carrierman doesn't sugar coat his words, shares what he knows, and is generous with his experience. Good luck. Thanks. Cliff
UBoiler is offline   Reply With Quote