Gas Well - HVAC - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > HVAC

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 02-18-2007, 10:47 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 75

Gas Well

Our new house has a natural gas well. It was working fine supplementing the furnace, which is connected to city gas, and I had it running a fireplace insert and the hot water heater. Out of the blue it quit! There is pressure at the regulator intake but nothing coming out the other side. Anybody have familiarity with these systems? What can go wrong? The regulator is in the basement. I don't think that it could freeze, nor do I think that there is water in the system. Thanks for any help that you can give,

Steve

Advertisement

sfixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 11:47 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 75

Gas Well

You say there is pressure on the inlet side of the regulator but nothing on the outlet side? If that is the case I would say it is the regulator. What kind of regulator is it? Also have you tried adjusting the regulator to see if it would start putting out anything? I know with the regulators that we have at out boiler plant there is the possibility of debris in the line from old pipes. So there could be some debris in the regulator itself. With making an adjustment to the regulator you might free up the debris and gets it back going. If that doesn't work you might need to rebuild the regulator or just put in a new one. Also how old is the regulator? If it is old you might think of replacing it anyways just to be on the safe side. Keep us up to date on it!!

Damon

Advertisement

daman3178 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 08:25 AM   #3

Rewards Points: 250

Gas Well

I doesn't sound like it is a very large well but I am sure it was nice to get the supplemental gas :D I would also think it was debris in or a malfunctioning regulator. However even if there is pressure on the inlet side if for some natural reason it has dropped enough it may not be enough to pass threw the regulator with any kind of useful volume. Just a thought:confused: