Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > HVAC

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 03-05-2011, 12:44 AM   #1

Share |

Gas Valve 7200 IPER-S7C LP Conversion

Hello Fellas,
I just received this valve in the mail. When ordering I was told I would need to purchase an LP conversion kit which coincidentally was included with the unit. Here's the issue. The additional conversion kit talks of replacing the step spring that doesn't exist on the unit. Is it OK to assume I just omit that. It also isn't included in the conversion portion of the valve replacement instructions. It looks as if the additional conversion kit may be universal for several variations of the 7200 valve. Just want to confirm as I'm playing with the most dangerous part of this thing. And yes, I'm looking up manometers as soon as I post this. Thanks in advance, Mike

Last edited by mikefrommi; 03-05-2011 at 01:04 AM. Reason: Re-read instructions 4 more times.
mikefrommi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 05:49 AM   #2
Experienced

Welcome Mike, to the best DIY'r site on the web.

Just as a precaution, you might want to post the model number of furnace that this valve is going in so our resident HVAC experts can check the valve with you.

Have you changed anything on the valve to convert to LP? if I read your post correctly you are asking about the step spring specifically, have you called the supplier to ask the same question?

Mark

Old 03-05-2011, 06:40 AM   #3
Hvac Pro

Don't trust the supplier. All they know is cross referencing and looking up parts numbers in a catalog for something they have never worked with. Contact Robertshaw DIRECTLY and ask them. I assume it is a RS valve.

Last edited by yuri; 03-05-2011 at 06:44 AM.
yuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 07:38 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuri View Post
Don't trust the supplier. All they know is cross referencing and looking up parts numbers in a catalog for something they have never worked with. Contact Robertshaw DIRECTLY and ask them. I assume it is a RS valve.
Boy, that is the quote of the year. I was stuck dealing with a place I ordered from online. The order was all jacked up. But I had to stay in the ring to avoid restocking and mailing fee's.

At the end of the day what I learned is if your going to order online to save a few bucks - you BETTER know exactly what you want. Don't expect anything but a run around. This includes all obsolete number cross overs. Not saying everyone out there has the head inserted. But you never know. I sent all the crossovers - pictures of old and new - and still ended up with an extra conversion kit that was included with my new gas valve.

See my new post "Converting Robertshaw Gas Valve 7100 DER-S7C" Figured I post new for better search for community.
Old 03-06-2011, 07:58 PM   #5
Experienced

Looking forward to see that new post, haven't found it yet though.

Mark
Old 03-06-2011, 09:40 PM   #6

[quote=Jackofall1;604038]Looking forward to see that new post, haven't found it yet though.

Mark[/quote

Took a little for me to get it all together. Check it out.