Gas Insert Is Too Small For Fireplace! - HVAC - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > HVAC

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 02-22-2006, 10:50 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Gas Insert is too small for fireplace!

I recently purchased a house with a gas insert fireplace. The problem is the insert is too small for the fireplace. The height is correct but it could use an inch on either side (2 inches short on width). Now cold air comes rushing in. I plan to redo the fireplaces in the summer and make it the right size, but for now what are my options? Iíve never installed an insert, is there some installation I can place around it? I donít usually use it, but it canít be blocked off, due to location it must look ďniceĒ. Is it possible to buy a new glass front for it?
Thank you for your help.

Advertisement

manOfConstantSorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 07:07 PM   #2
sub-contractor

Rewards Points: 25

Gas Insert is too small for fireplace!

try to contact a fireplace distributer like majestic or if it is possible to see what brand you have and they should have what you need.

Advertisement

Aceinstaller is offline   Reply With Quote