Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > HVAC

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 08-28-2012, 11:03 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Furnace won't go on when it's cold and windy

Here's the problem when it's realy cold out side and even a bit windy the furance from time to time won't turn on all I have to do is flip the switch from off to on and it recycles. Have had it looked at and replaced the Ignitor lock out control that did not work still have problem. I am thinking maybe the intake and exhaust pipes may be the problem. They are about 4 feet up from the ground and is a corner. Furance is 21 years old and works fine orther wise it'S clean filters changed regularly. It's a Bryant Plus 90 Model 398AAZ048100 SERIS A Serial # 0591A01784 Product 398AAZ048100AAKA Hoping for some help. Thank you Dennis

the shifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 04:39 PM   #2
how

Rewards Points: 516

Intermitant furnace failure requiring a reboot?
Does your furnace have an led diagnostic light that is visable through an inspection port? If so, record what the light is doing next time the furnace won't fire up and check inside your furnace for the legend that will explain what your flashing sequence means.

how is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 06:17 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 500

Check and tighten all the mounting screws for any electrical/electronic boards/processors....I'm a burner mechanic and had this problem with my own furnace!! , drove me crazy..untill I simply snugged up the mounting screws on the controller but, it happened to be an oil fired unit..but THAT did solve the problem..easy to try good luck!!!

When it's really cold it cycles more often creating more chance for failure during start up cycles..law od averages.." a little windy" shouldn't affect it especially since it's been working fine all this time..

Last edited by techpappy; 08-28-2012 at 06:20 PM.
techpappy is offline   Reply With Quote