Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > HVAC

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 12-04-2011, 01:53 PM   #1

Share |

furnace venting

Our furnace is in a closet on the first floor. There are two vents in a side wall of the closet. We recently hired a contracting company to build another closet in the unused space next to the furnace closet, which is approximately 6.5 feet by 3 feet, opened by bifold doors. The vents to the furnace closet are now in the newly constructed closet. We had discussed the ventillation with the contractor, and if the vents should be moved, and the contractor was not concerned. Because he has been in this business for 20 + years, we did not question him. But, I am now concerned after my best friend, who is a real estate agent, said something about carbon monixide poisoning. How do I know if the ventillation is adequate or if additional vents should be added.

Thanks in advance.

wilsonj25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 06:57 PM   #2
HVAC Tech/ Browns Fan

furnace venting

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsonj25 View Post
Our furnace is in a closet on the first floor. There are two vents in a side wall of the closet. We recently hired a contracting company to build another closet in the unused space next to the furnace closet, which is approximately 6.5 feet by 3 feet, opened by bifold doors. The vents to the furnace closet are now in the newly constructed closet. We had discussed the ventillation with the contractor, and if the vents should be moved, and the contractor was not concerned. Because he has been in this business for 20 + years, we did not question him. But, I am now concerned after my best friend, who is a real estate agent, said something about carbon monixide poisoning. How do I know if the ventillation is adequate or if additional vents should be added.

Thanks in advance.
Take some pics please of the unit and area. Its hard to think with out seeing it

Tator1076 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 09:04 PM   #3

furnace venting

I've been attempting to upload pics, however the uploads keep failing.
wilsonj25 is offline   Reply With Quote