Furnace sizing opinions
Right now I've got 800sf being heated by a 70,000btu 80% furnace. I live in Michigan and it gets cold here, having uninsulated walls doesn't help the problem. The last two winters my furnace kicks on and runs and runs and runs to the tune of a $200 gas bill in December, January, and February..... and I keep the temp at 64-67. This summer I'm finishing the bonus room upstairs which will make the entire house 1100sf. Now the fan motor is dead and I'm debating a couple things. Should I:
1. Replace the motor, keep the furnace
2. Replace the unit with a newer, same size, unit
3. Replace the whole unit with a bigger unit.
4. Replace the unit with comparable size but higher efficiency
5. Move to a warmer state (this is my wife's solution)
Thanks in advance for your feedback! Have a great weekend!