DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

furnace pressure switch

3K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  yuri 
#1 ·
I have a nordyne furnace and the trouble light flashes twice which indicates that the pressure switch is open. Where is the pressure switch located so that I can replace it. and is there a good site that I can order parts from?

#3 · (Edited)
you have a small induced draft motor down on the furnace and this is the first item to start on a call for heat.there is a silver pressure disc about 4" in diameter with 1/4 tubes comimg out of it.this switch has to proof that fans air thru the heat-X before the ignition starts and the main burner comes on.....call for heat and tap the disc with a screwdriver handle see if you get ignition.shut down the furnace,pull the tube(off the tap on the duct from the ID motor) might have bug,dirt...in there....spiders like it in there also..lightly blow into the tube from the fan supply tap the pressure switch should click.or it could be black http://bestbuyheatingandairconditio...duct_Code=PRS632444A&Category_Code=ps-nordyne

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.