Sort of got hung out by the guy who was going to put a new furnace in. He's a good guy but I screwed around too long then he got busy. Then I ran out of a job and needed to save $ and now I've got a furnace showing up Monday morning and a homeowner HVAC permit. I have never tried to build furnace plenums and I need to have the state inspect the work Wednesday (getting a local grant for some of the appliance cost). York fully modulating, var speed. Wanted to take time off this past week to get this all under way but---best laid plans and all.
Older house, part basement. Old furnace in basement portion. New furnace DV, condensing Cat IV installing in crawl portion. Easy run for flue & comb air vents to side vent. New gas nipple installed to shut off by local plumber. Built concrete shelf in deeper part of crawl so ideal location for horizontal install with great access and available line for condensate drain.
Supply and return registers were left over from the old gravity furnace but the ducting had been goobered up pretty good around '81 with a nat gas appliance install. I moved the supply registers to outside wall locations a couple of years ago and reworked the supply ducts with Home Depot flex ducts starting with 8-inch and splitting to 6-inch. I can redo the supply ducts later if I'm not happy with the result. Right now I need plenums (willing to pay but don't think I can get anyone to do the work) and new RA boots and ducts. Need to find a real supply house for duct board, larger duct pieces and (hopefully) off the shelf boots.