Furnace Lennox Whisper Heat One Burner Not Lighting - HVAC - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > HVAC

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 10-21-2013, 07:35 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10
Unhappy

Furnace Lennox Whisper Heat One Burner Not Lighting

I have a 17 year old Lennox whisper heat Furnace with a delayed ignition. There are three burners. When cold started, the pilot light will ignite, then the middle and left burner will ignite. The flame sensor and pilot is on the middle burner. The right burner will take an extra few seconds to light, usually resulting in a build-up of gas and a soft to loud whoosh bang. This only happens on a cold start. If turned off and back on ignition is fine. The gas pressure does not seem to change this. All the the burners have been removed and cleaned. The left and right burners have been swapped and same result. The only issue I can find is a weld for the wing on the middle burner possibly not letting the wing carry a flame to the right burner. Could this be the issue. Doesn't make sense because this is a factory weld is as old as the furnace. Can't believe no one has noticed this during a service call. Please help. Whoosh bang gets very loud sometimes and don't want to have an explosion.

Advertisement

jd082981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 09:54 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 500

its tricky...... have to line burners perfectly..... it can be a pain sometimes

Advertisement

carmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 02:36 AM   #3

ok, thank you very much. will try to line them up better. will post an update soon. fingers crossed
Old 10-22-2013, 05:41 AM   #4

Rewards Points: 44

did you clean the orifice ???? ben sr
ben's plumbing is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 02:05 PM   #5

i vacuumed the orifice but did not brush it out. thank you for the suggestion. i will do that when i try to line them up. i have to disconnect the housing for the gas valve an gas line so i want to make sure it is not hot. heat has been on all night with the colder weather here in Chicago. still confused why just the right one doesn't light after i swapped the right and left burner. the left one is way more out of line then the right and it ignites fine. both replies make complete sense for a good fix. will update later today. thanks again!

Tags
bang , burners , delayed ignition , furnace , lennox