Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > HVAC

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 11-25-2007, 04:05 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Furnace Help

I had a problem last year with power going out in certain rooms in the house when the furnace was on, i had an electrician look at the circuit breaker and tighten some of the screws which he said were loose after that i havent had any problems with the power going out. Looks like it started up again and it only seems to happen when the blower kicks in on the furnace. Could a furnace blower cut power to certain portions of the house. I went ahead and tested this today but cutting power to the affected areas of the house via the circuit breaker by leaving just the lights to the furnace room and furnace on, and again when the blower kicked in the lights flickered a bit and then the power went out on the furnace. Can anyone help not sure if this is a furnace issue or Electrical issue.

Thanks

Ian

tuasoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 05:28 PM   #2
scotch on the rocks

Rewards Points: 75

Furnace Help

by code your furnace should have a 15 amps. dedicated circuit.

hvactech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 12:54 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 10

Furnace Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuasoi View Post
I had a problem last year with power going out in certain rooms in the house when the furnace was on, i had an electrician look at the circuit breaker and tighten some of the screws which he said were loose after that i havent had any problems with the power going out. Looks like it started up again and it only seems to happen when the blower kicks in on the furnace. Could a furnace blower cut power to certain portions of the house. I went ahead and tested this today but cutting power to the affected areas of the house via the circuit breaker by leaving just the lights to the furnace room and furnace on, and again when the blower kicked in the lights flickered a bit and then the power went out on the furnace. Can anyone help not sure if this is a furnace issue or Electrical issue.

Thanks

Ian
Problem Fixed

All it was was a loose bolt to one the legs that was going into the house from the meter block. Thanks to everyone who answered.
tuasoi is offline   Reply With Quote