Furnace Blower Forgets To Start When Temp Drops. - HVAC - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > HVAC

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 03-06-2012, 09:34 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10
Unhappy

Furnace blower forgets to start when temp drops.

My furnace "forgets" to start when house temp. drops bellow the thermostat settings. It's a Bryant gas furnace installed in 2000 (builders grade). I have go in the basement and turn off the switch and then back on again and the blower kicks in and furnace starts working fine, even for a couple of hours but then the same thing happens again. It started about 1 month ago and it only happened about 6 times with the exception of the last few days when we constantly have to manually turn off and back on the switch. It works fine until the temp. reaches the thermostats settings, and then again it won't start when temp. drops, except manually. Please help. I'm constantly running in the basement when it gets cold (I live in Michigan) to manually turn on switch. If it's something I can fix myself I sure could save some $. Thank you!

Advertisement

stanulet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 11:23 AM   #2
how

Rewards Points: 624

Next time your furnace locks out, look for a blinking led light through a viewing port or through a grilled furnace door. It will be situated on your board. There should be a legend on the inside of the furnace that will list the diagnostic codes for what the fault is.
Let us know what you find.

Advertisement

how is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 12:26 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 2,604

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanulet View Post
My furnace "forgets" to start when house temp. drops bellow the thermostat settings. It's a Bryant gas furnace installed in 2000 (builders grade). I have go in the basement and turn off the switch and then back on again and the blower kicks in and furnace starts working fine, even for a couple of hours but then the same thing happens again. It started about 1 month ago and it only happened about 6 times with the exception of the last few days when we constantly have to manually turn off and back on the switch. It works fine until the temp. reaches the thermostats settings, and then again it won't start when temp. drops, except manually. Please help. I'm constantly running in the basement when it gets cold (I live in Michigan) to manually turn on switch. If it's something I can fix myself I sure could save some $. Thank you!
is it 80% 90% are the filters clean???
ben's plumbing is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 04:09 PM   #4
Part of the Clover Leaf

Rewards Points: 500

with out more info it could be a dirty sensor
hvac5646 is offline   Reply With Quote