Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > HVAC

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 02-01-2008, 08:31 AM   #1

Share |

furnace and air conditioning package price

Have 2 estimates both for 5000.00 includes Furnace , air conditioning unit, coil, air cleaner , humidifier, flu liner and digital thermostat this of course includes labor. Package #1 is Lennox G61MPV 2 stage variable speed 70,000 btu 95%, air conditioning is a Lennox AC13 seer 2 ton R-22, air cleaner is a Lennox Merv 16 cleaner, humidifier is a lennox standard humidifier, and a lennox digital thermostat. Package # 2 is A Trane XV 95 2 stage variable speed 60,000 btu 95-97%, air conditioning is a Trane XR 13,air cleaner is a Aprilaire 2200 air cleaner, and choice of trane or aprilaire standard humidifier, and a tran digital thermostat. Both companies that quotes came from are very reutable and have good Consumers report records however I have always dealt with the one dealer that is offering the Lennox package and they have never disapointed, My question is which of the 2 packages is the better system overall. I do realize that both systems appear to be a steal as both companies have said they are not making any money on the deal. Which package do you reccommend any input would be appreciate thank you,

MichaelV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 10:08 AM   #2

I would go with the company that did a heat loss/gain analysis to size the system correctly to the house, and also offer me a 2 stage thermostat to go along with the nice 2 stage furnace so that the system would function fully.

jaw22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 08:10 AM   #3

Buh Bye Security 8

No ad links allowed...
Old 12-02-2008, 08:19 AM   #4

The sizes are not grossly diff on the furnace. Lennox probably didn't have a 60000btu furnace so they did the next best thing and gave you the siz closest to it.

If you have trusted this Lennox dealer than I think I would reward him with the contract.

Let him know you chose him because you trust him, believe me, the guy will give you the best service you have ever seen.