Fujitsu Ductless AC "Fan Only" Speed Problem? - HVAC - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > HVAC

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 03-07-2012, 11:21 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Fujitsu Ductless AC "Fan only" speed problem?

I haven't had a chance to use the unit since I moved in last October, it was a clear warm day today though so I thought I'd try the manual's recommended "fan only" mode.

Issue is, no matter what fan speed setting I choose the unit seems to only operate at the lowest super quiet speed. There is definitely air coming out of the indoor unit (compressor fan remains off as expected) but no matter what setting I choose all the way from quiet to high, the fan speed of the indoor unit doesn't change.

This doesn't seem normal to me. Any advice? Manual isn't very helpful in this regard, I am hoping that for some reason the fan only mode only works at the lowest speed no matter what you have it set to... if the fan was bad, you would think that it wouldn't work at any speed or you would at least get some kind of symptom when changing speeds like more noise etc. but nothing... it does beep when I change the speed setting on the remote so I know it's getting the command.

Before turning it off completely for the winter and leaving it alone, I do recall turning it on while it was still warm out and I kind of recall the fan working in a more powerful fashion (in cooling mode). It's still too cool out to turn the cooling mode on though. A second AC unit, a Mitsubishi Mr Slim has no issues cranking the fan only speed up to max.

Advertisement

Last edited by chiefswabjockey; 03-07-2012 at 11:28 AM.
chiefswabjockey is offline   Reply With Quote