Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > HVAC

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 10-26-2009, 06:10 PM   #1
Floor Sweeper

Share |

flame sensor problem

Hello,

I had a new gas fired Burnham series 2 boiler with indirect DHW installed a couple of years ago. The installer did a wonderful job and the boiler works just fine. However, the first winter(about january), we began having problems with the flame sensor not picking up the flame from the pilot burner. When this happens, the ignition module flashes an error code that says that it isn't seeing the flame. About the only thing he suggested is replacing the ignition module. We called him back twice since then, but he has hasn't heard this problem before. Cleaning the flame rod with steel wool seems to fix the problem. I have to do this way too often. I replaced the pilot burner/ flame sensor assembly last year, and that worked for a while, but I am back to the same thing. If you need any specific info I'd be happy to supply that. Otherwise, I was just wondering if anyone has heard of this before, and could maybe suggest a solution. I have no problem calling the installer back, but I would like to be more educated on what could be the problem so I can fill him in.

Thanks a bunch.

junkcollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 08:19 AM   #2

flame sensor problem

I have a burnham series 2 that's about 5 years old and I'm having the same problem. Had a service person out yesterday...he used a file on the flame rod. Said if that didn't work would need to replace pilot/igniter/sensor assembly. It was fine for the rest of the day but this morning it's back to the same...pilot comes on but main burners don't fire up.

Did you come up with a solution?

sbcoop is offline   Reply With Quote