DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum (
-   HVAC (
-   -   flame sensor (

tbristolb 03-30-2005 12:38 PM

flame sensor
where is the flame sensor located on the furnace?

jproffer 03-30-2005 12:48 PM

You mean the thermocouple i assume...find the gas line coming in...this should come into the gas valve...then on the bottom will be a small metal tube...that goes into the burner chamber..follow it.

If it needs to be replaced, just pop out the old, go to (***your favorite***) Hardware and get a replacement, and pop in the new. Some just "pop" in and out like that...some you will need a wrench for. The end on the gas valve almost always takes a wrench to remove. In fact, I hate to say always, but I can't think of ever seeing one that just came out freely on that end.

rabadger 04-04-2005 03:25 PM

It depends on the brand and type of ingition. Call the factory and get a pictured parts info mailed to you.

jack hoseman 04-10-2005 09:06 PM

flame sensor location
:) :p

Originally Posted by tbristolb
where is the flame sensor located on the furnace?

Depending on the make of furnace , it'll be a thin steel rod somewhere in the outlet of one of the burners . Directly in the path of the flame for instant contact. LOL Jack

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:12 PM.

User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1