DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

first time startup on Bryant furnace - furnace calls for heat and will not stop

6K views 22 replies 7 participants last post by  hvaclover 
#1 ·

Basically, I just got a Bryant heater installed and the contracter dissappeared after he got paid.

I turned this furnance on and it blinked code 12 for a while and then called for heat. It seems to be stuck in the heat cycle blowing heat out the air filter intake side. I am guessing the fan is blowing the wrong way.

I tryed to talk to the furance with 2 different thermostats I got at Home Depot. Neither will stop the Bryant furance from blowing heat out thee intake.

I was going to call Bryant but I have no receipt for the furnace since I got it from the contractor who installed it!

Looking for help in trying to figure out how to communicate with it with my digital thermostat. All of the wiring for the thermostat seems fine and correct. the batteries were tested good on the thermostat :huh:

#3 ·
Isn't 12, powered up with call for heat.

Probably have a shorted wire if the furnace keeps running in heat mode.

Are you sure it blowing heat out the return of the furnace.
If its horizontal. Are you sure that installer didn't install it backwards.

Sorry, but it sounds like a low bid install.

Can you post pics of the install. We may be able to rell if it was installed backwards or not from the pics.

#5 ·
Well yes, I have to turn off power to turn the machine off since the thermostat does not help. I think the heat cycle is stuck on for some reason!

I wish the installer would come finish!
Its been over a year and they have not done so!

Last time we talked they said it was working when they left so Im screwed.

I have another heater here but the fan just went bad. It is much easier since it is an older honeywell relay and electronic ignitor burner set. There is no circuit board.

This one has a circuit board. I have the model number. I took the panel off and disconnected the red thermostat wire, then shorted the com24v to the test pin for a quick second and ran all test according to the front panel. Everything tested good. I let it run for almost an hour and I'm in absolute awe right now! :huh:

#6 ·
HMMMMMmmmmmm.....Syntax.....verbage....an extremely unusual claim of no documentation or invoice on a furnace that is only sold to solid dealers...I smell a Rotund Edward...or another similar personage

But by all mean ....tell how you hooked up with this installer....

#12 ·
Are you saying that I am a fantasy liar here named Eddie? Well sorry, I am not! I am new to this forum and I am asking for a little help regarding this newer model Bryant furnace I had installed that will not stop heating. If you can offer advice please do so!

P.S. I am not some fantasy liar named Eddie!

#16 ·
Who is this Edward guy you speak of?

Anyway I'll just throw my two cents in.

When I installed my new thermostat with all "new" wiring. I had an issue where when I kicked the A/C on, both my A/C and my gas would kick on.

Turns out I had three wires shorted together. Figured it happened when I pulled the wiring thru the wall. I found this by disconnecting wires at the thermostat end, and furnace end, then ohm them with a meter.

Disconnect the W/E and W2 (if it's 2 stage) at the furnace, and see if it still wants to heat. If it does, it's defiantly in the furnace.

And no receipt? No offense, but not a smart move!

#17 ·
I have a receipt somewhere, probably in my tax folder for the year. The receipt was a addition with HVAC bill. I do not see a w/e and w2 thermostat connection. I do see W and Y on the furance side of the thermostat connection.

I do not think the wires are shorted as the wiring is new

#19 ·

Basically, I just got a Bryant heater installed and the contracter dissappeared after he got paid.

I turned this furnance on and it blinked code 12 for a while and then called for heat. It seems to be stuck in the heat cycle blowing heat out the air filter intake side. I am guessing the fan is blowing the wrong way.

I tryed to talk to the furance with 2 different thermostats I got at Home Depot. Neither will stop the Bryant furance from blowing heat out thee intake.

I was going to call Bryant but I have no receipt for the furnace since I got it from the contractor who installed it!

Looking for help in trying to figure out how to communicate with it with my digital thermostat. All of the wiring for the thermostat seems fine and correct. the batteries were tested good on the thermostat :huh:
How did you get a furnace installed and not get a receipt?

#21 · (Edited)
Below are posts by Luvheat after being caught in the act of posing as an HO with a furnace problem.

After he was caught by me headmitted to being a fake and a troll.

He is a hvac tech who has failed in busines and his wife left him when she found him in bed with another man. A real loser.

He has been banned from every hvac site for posting pony info and acting like he helples. That's his MO for getting people to respond tohis posts.

Look at the date this thread was started, who waits that long to get a repair?

Below is his confession in his own words that he was decieving the members of this forum.

Luvheat

My Photos

Dude , it was a joke, get over it. Hey you other guys , in case you don't me. I'm Fat Eddy the best tech in the world (seriously) ,. Nice to meet you.
Last edited by Lu Luvheat Today at 10:43 PM.

My Photos

Hey guys I was just messin with Clover, he's a well respected member at a pros only site we both go to and he contributes a lot of knowledge to it. Sorry if I rubbed you the wrong way , it was all in fun, I was tryin to set you up and you dodged it. So you got me, _________________

#23 ·

Below are posts by Luvheat after being caught in the act of posing as an HO with a furnace problem.

After he was caught by me headmitted to being a fake and a troll.

He is a hvac tech who has failed in busines and his wife left him when she found him in bed with another man. A real loser.

He has been banned from every hvac site for posting pony info and acting like he helples. That's his MO for getting people to respond tohis posts.

Look at the date this thread was started, who waits that long to get a repair?

Below is his confession in his own words that he was decieving the members of this forum.

Luvheat

My Photos

Dude , it was a joke, get over it. Hey you other guys , in case you don't me. I'm Fat Eddy the best tech in the world (seriously) ,. Nice to meet you.
Last edited by Lu Luvheat Today at 10:43 PM.

My Photos

Hey guys I was just messin with Clover, he's a well respected member at a pros only site we both go to and he contributes a lot of knowledge to it. Sorry if I rubbed you the wrong way , it was all in fun, I was tryin to set you up and you dodged it. So you got me, _________________

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.