First Co. 36RCW5-HP Blower Stopping At Random Times - HVAC - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > HVAC

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 06-27-2011, 11:35 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

First Co. 36RCW5-HP blower stopping at random times

I have a First Co. 36RCW5-HP blower and it seems to stop at random times , while on cold and hot , we only use it on cold mostly . It just "booms" while it's working , sometimes it gets past the boom and it continues to run , otherwise it stops and comes back on after a period of 10-20-30 secs . During this time the outside unit still runs as I can hear it .
It sounds like it doesn't get enough electricity to run or something . I have replaced the filter with a brand new one as I thought it was the filter because when I removed the old , clogged filter , it seemed to run fine . It's also done completely at random , sometimes it will run fine the whole night , thermostat stopping it of course , sometimes it just goes in and out at all times and I have to stop the AC as I'm afraid it will do more damage .
When it's running , it's cooling just fine don't have any issues , except for the "booms" , I thought at first it doesn't have enough air flow and maybe it has a sensor that's stopping it from running .
Any help would be appreciated .

Thank you

Advertisement

cout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 11:38 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 500

Check the capacitor.

Advertisement

**Always kill the power ** Hot air rises, but heat will always move from higher to lower temperatures. ** Real man shoot in manual. ** If it ain't grounded, it ain't dead.
JJboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 05:51 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 10

Thanks for your reply . I did , got another one but still no action . I replaced the thermostat , still causing problems . I'm waiting for someone to come look at it .

Thank you for your help .
cout is offline   Reply With Quote