DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum (
-   HVAC (
-   -   Fireplace and Double Wall B Vent (

Duddy 12-27-2012 10:28 PM

Fireplace and Double Wall B Vent
I'm replacing a gas fireplace that is vented with double wall B vent. The new fireplace is slightly shorter than the previous one, so where the connection is made to the fireplace the inner corrugated ducting can reach and be connected but the outer wall (the solid sheet metal) is about an inch short. Can I get away with this or do I have to get a new piece of duct.

hvac dude 12-27-2012 10:42 PM

hi sometimes they make an adjustable connector , if its made to be operated with double wall type b vent ,,, you should use it right back to stove for saftey reasons ,, you shouldnt deviate from mfgs installation parameters

hvac dude 12-27-2012 10:45 PM

istallation instructions tell all

COLDIRON 12-28-2012 06:03 AM

No you can not get away with it. Keep it double wall all the way.

ben's plumbing 12-28-2012 06:27 AM

keep it double wall ...don't cut any cornors on this install not worth a fire???ben sr

beenthere 12-28-2012 01:48 PM

Can you post a pic of the vent. B vent flexible connector is corrugated. But B vent itself isn't.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:57 PM.

User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1