Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > HVAC

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-20-2011, 10:45 AM   #1
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Plattsburgh, NY
Posts: 241
Share |
Default

Fireplace


It's getting cold enough to want to use the fireplace instead of turning the heat on. I opened the damper and looked up inside the chimney and could see some creosote but it looked minimal. Not sure when the previous owners got it cleaned last.

Question is, is it safe to use for now? The only chimney sweep in the area doesn't have an appointment until over a month from now.

matt151617 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Need opinions on tearing out old fireplace Dwillems Building & Construction 9 09-06-2011 11:37 AM
Fireplace construction question scottyv81 General DIY Discussions 1 01-29-2011 09:26 AM
Fireplace Smell ...help wanted ! jasonb72 General DIY Discussions 6 08-26-2010 06:02 PM
New project: removal of old fireplace-replace with a new fireplace! MrShadetree0222 Building & Construction 14 10-16-2008 06:12 PM
Possible to build direct-vent fireplace? DIYerself General DIY Discussions 3 12-22-2007 10:07 PM




Top of Page | View New Posts

Copyright © 2003-2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.