Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > HVAC

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 07-04-2012, 11:26 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Exhaust fans

I live on the 3rd floor of condo. My only outside wall is along the west side. The south room has no useable window. The center room has a large double hung that is around 40" w x 60" H. The north room has tow double hung windows side by side. Each is about 28" X 60." I can fit a Lasko/Air Flow 16" or 20" window fan in any of those windows. That would mean no cross ventilation. Instead the air would come in one room, into the hall and out the next room. Is this workable? Should I have about the same size fans in both rooms? Can those Lasko fans be mounted for the season so the window would still close and the screen stay in place or do I need to put them in and take them out each time I want to turn them on or off. I have AC but I hate to use it. It is expensive as can be and it is bad for my health. Feel free to add advice that I wasn't knowledgable enough to ask.

This is the fan I favor. It's made by Air King and the same as their 16" model. It sells a little cheaper under the Lasko label. - http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lasko-2155A-...item4d029e1ede

Last edited by JBauder; 07-04-2012 at 11:29 PM.
JBauder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 09:08 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 2,000

Exhaust fans

keep in mind what is outside is coming in temperature wise...humidity and all the smells.might consider ceiling fans and window units in both room...$$$$ i know but it you run the aAC at say 78F 12 o'clock position on the stat dial is considered 70F straight up...so say at the 3 o'clock position .the ceiling fans pushing room heat down and that 78F taking the humdity out of the air might work...

biggles is offline   Reply With Quote