I'm getting estimates for having a mini-split system installed. I'm reasonably handy, but except for the branch circuit to the pad, this is out of my league. The vendor who seems best to me submitted this proposal - is there anything crucial missing or that seems not right?
Proposal for Provision and Installation of
a 4 zone Fujitsu split ductless air conditioning/heat pump system.
Installation Features Include
- Indoor units as follows:
- ASU12RLF - first floor wall panel.
ASU7RLF - 1st bedroom wall panel.
AUU9RLF - 2nd bedroom ceiling cassette.
AUU9RLF - master bedroom ceiling cassette.
- Condensate lines shall be piped to outside.
- All copper refrigerant lines including insulation and initial system charge.
- Installation of a AOU36RLXFZ air conditioning condensor/compressor on a base.
- 230 volt wiring from panel to outdoor unit supplied by homeowner. Contractor will provide all other wiring.
- Clean up guarantee. Contractor will broom clean the work site each day and at the completion of the project.
- System start up and customer review.
- Any changes required due to pre-existing faulty parts, materials or conditions, not expressly covered by the scope of work in this proposal are extra.
- All work shall meet or exceed current residential building energy code requirements, including ventilation and combustion air.
We propose hereby to furnish material and labor - complete in accordance with the above specifications, for the sum of: $(ouch)
Payment to be made as follows:
30% deposit, 70% upon completion.
Contractor guarantees for one year the installation of your energy system or service. If within one year of installation there is found a defect in the workmanship or materials used in the installation, contractor will repair or at its option, replace defective components and/or parts at no charge.
This guarantee covers defects in the materials or workmanship of the installation only. It does not apply to conditions resulting from lack of maintenance, misuse, abuse, negligence, accident or alteration. This guarantee does not extend to the heating/energy equipment itself. The equipment is covered by warranties of the manufacturer only. Unless otherwise stated manufacturers warranty service will be performed by contractor.
All material is guaranteed to be as specified. All work to be completed in a professional manner according to standard practices. Any alteration or deviation from above specifications involving extra costs will be executed only upon written orders and will become an extra charge over and above the estimate. All agreements contingent upon delays beyond our control. Purchaser agrees to pay all costs of collection, including attorney's fees.