Edit Cape Cod Setup - HVAC - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > HVAC

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 12-06-2006, 04:48 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

edit cape cod setup

I'm sorry didn't word it right the house is complete I'm trying to get the heat set right. I have heat pump with gas backup on main floor and heat pump only on second floor. I want suggestions on how to set thermostats should one floor be set higher to even out heat it doesn't seem equal want a set up that will get best results, also should I switch the main floor over to gas side when temp drops if so at what temp? It almost seems if heat is being moved from one floor to the other.

Advertisement

walker45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 05:28 PM   #2
Thoroughbred Mopar Man

Rewards Points: 500

edit cape cod setup

Hi walker45

Sorry I misunderstood your first post, let me try again. This is really going to sound like a corny solution but this is the best one in a split level house. Run the blowers on the two units continuosly and you will not have a stratification problem. You will be able to go from room to room and tell very little if any difference. If you need me to explain in more detail let me know. Running the blowers year round should cost you around $120-$175 dollars a year. But should save you double that in utility cost.

Rusty

Advertisement

#CARRIERMAN is offline   Reply With Quote