DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

Duct work in garage.

4K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  yuri 
#1 ·
Working in the garage where there is duct work. I took off the insulation around it and found unplugged holes in the duct work. There are similar holes that have these black caps in duct work in another area of the garage and in the furnace room.

Where can I get these caps, or whatever you call them. And where can I get the proper insulation to replace the old insulation that was around the duct work. It looked like regular R-13. I don't think I can fit anything thicker around it, due to the spacing issues between the ceiling, duct, and outside garage wall. But I've seen an aluminum looking coating on some duct work in newer houses. The duct work in the garage is 55 years old.

Some Pix

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Those caps were the holes that a duct cleaner made to blow the ducts with air when they were cleaned. You can seal them with aluminum foil duct tape. Home Depot has foil backed insulation.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.