Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > HVAC

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 05-02-2006, 06:16 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Drainage from air handler

Hey......I have a Trane unit.....the handler is in my laundry room.....there are three openings in the air handler.....one on the right is round and is plugged.....the middle opening is 3/4 and has pvc pipes for drainage from the handler.....the problem is the third opening on the left.....its a strange looking oblong fitting and I am getting drainage from it......I have owned the house for two years and had no problems before......can anyone tell me what my problem could be......thanks so much.......

jack B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 08:35 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 75

Drainage from air handler

Some evaporater coils have up to three points to connect a drain to.for the purpose of flipping the coil around for a differant applications and useing the correct hole to drain. Not sure but is where it is leaking water another plugged area that simply needs to be tightened a LITTLE to stop this leak. keep in mind that a clogged pvc drain,dirty air filter or low on refrigerant would cause the evaporater to ice up and cause water to drip from around the drain pan.

coolmen is offline   Reply With Quote