Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > HVAC

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 06-02-2010, 08:58 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 0
Share |

Direct vent gas room heaters

I need to heat several bedrooms with direct vent natural gas heaters due to high electric bills (also California does not allow the use of the inexpensive vent-free models). However new direct vent heaters cost an arm and a leg-easily $400 and up. Does anyone know where I can buy used heaters-for instance a website for contractors who have pulled heaters out of walls when they remodel a home- and who want to resell the heaters. Or has anyone heard of converting a cheap vent-free gas heater to a direct-vent heater? The manufacturers I have contacted say they know of no such conversion but with ingenuity it may be possible.

jmcw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 11:55 AM   #2
An old Tradesmen

Rewards Points: 70

Direct vent gas room heaters

Quote:
The manufacturers I have contacted say they know of no such conversion but with ingenuity it may be possible.
California doesn't allow NON UL approved heaters to be used. So ingenuity won't pass inspection.

Quote:
Does anyone know where I can buy used heaters-for instance a website for contractors who have pulled heaters out of walls when they remodel a home- and who want to resell the heaters.
You mean as is, may not work when you get them heaters. Without any warranty if they don't.

ebay.

beenthere is online now   Reply With Quote