Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > HVAC

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 05-24-2005, 11:00 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 0
Share |

Dimensions of ac condensors

Hello,
Where can I find the dimensions and specifications of AC Condensors? I was checking out the outside dimensions of a 14 seer condensor and saw that it was 32 inches wide. My present condensor is only 26 inches wide and any thing wider would start to interfere with my rear entrance clearance. Finding this information is like pulling your own teeth. This information would certainly narrow my choices down as to what brand hi efficiency air conditioning to have installed.

rjordan392 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005, 09:05 AM   #2

Have you tried looking at the different manufacturer sites ? For Example: you can go to Bryant's site, select a model and find out the dimenisions of thier units.

Scott_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005, 12:20 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott_K
Have you tried looking at the different manufacturer sites ? For Example: you can go to Bryant's site, select a model and find out the dimenisions of thier units.
Yes and most do not list the specifications of their products. I was able to get spec's on just one brand and that was Rheem. It seems the manufacturers want you to contact the dealers , which is nonsence. When I tried calling the dealers, the secetary answers and claims she does not have that information which is more nonsense and I have to wait for the owner to return to the office; more nonsense. The specifications on all their products are in the office; where else would they be? The manufacturers and dealers websites are nothing more then pictures. How can anybody pick a basic HVAC system in an intellegent manner on pictures alone. This is how I would prefer it and be able to narrow down the brands of choice before I speak to the dealers.
A dealer that quoted me a price for installation, gave me the dimensions and I saw that his product will fit with no problem. So at this point, I do not know if other brands will fit and neither do the dealers until they come to my residence and see for themselves where the present condensor is located. I don't like to waste my time and certainly do not want to waste other's if their product is too big. Having this information beforehand, saves everybodys time.
rjordan392 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2005, 01:37 PM   #4

your condensor should have a couple of feet clearance around it and should be able to take a few " in replacing the condensor ,try contacting a sheetmetal supplier that carries furnaces they will sell to you as a homeowner .ofcourse you will pay for it in markup unless you can use someones accnt and ,do cash on accnt .Its hard to see these a/c guys standing there on the phone to another customer while (attending the vac pump) ,and chargeing you for the time Its all about billable hrs...
murray is offline   Reply With Quote